Governor Deal signed House Bill 154 into law on May 6, 2013. Here’s a summary of the new legislation:
1) Limitation of medical treatment for 400 weeks after the injury for non-catastrophic injuries;
2) Provide a 15-day time-frame in which mileage must be reimbursed;
3) Reduce the annual percentage rate for lump-sum payments and advances to 5% (down from 7%);
4) Require an employee who attempts a light-duty job under O.C.G.A. Sec. 34-9-240 to attempt the proffered job for eight cumulative hours or one workday;
5) Increase the maximum temporary total disability rate to $525.00 per week (up from $500.00)’ and,
6) Increase the maximum temporary partial disability rate to $350.00 per week (up from $334.00).